Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

🐴 Horsehead Nebula (Barnard 33) - 12" f/5 GSO Dobsonian

Tiago Ferreira

10 hours ago, MartinB said:

That must have been a nightmare in the wind, well done for getting this.  Your stars don't look trailed, could you have gone for longer exposures?

i don't know. i like to do short exposures

it was funny but then i had to stop because of the wind. i am too exposed without buildings around

@astrocanito - I'm sometimes the same and just want to take a look at an object without making a big project of it :) Have you considered live-stacking using Sharpcap Pro? you can see the image develop live on screen, frame by frame, which is amazing! - All while making use of automatic frame rejection based on a variety of factors, on the fly flat + dark correction, colour correction, and much more! - I love it for this purpose and really highly recommend it :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luke Newbould said:

@astrocanito - I'm sometimes the same and just want to take a look at an object without making a big project of it :) Have you considered live-stacking using Sharpcap Pro? you can see the image develop live on screen, frame by frame, which is amazing! - All while making use of automatic frame rejection based on a variety of factors, on the fly flat + dark correction, colour correction, and much more! - I love it for this purpose and really highly recommend it :)

YESSSSS! I love it too and that's my purpose. I just upload astrophotos for people to see that it is possible to do nice things with a DOBSONIAN.

I'm trying the live stack with many fails BUT yesterday i finally did it and i had a topic in CN and also here in stargazerslounge:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/373961-finally-i-did-something-decent-in-eaa-ngc-2438-planetary-nebula-12-f5-gso-dobsonian/

• Like 2