NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Somethings fishy...A 3 panel Lunar mosaic carp processing carp stitching

Psychobilly

Here's my first experiment using a Modded 1000D with Astronomik CLS-CCD on the CPC800 and the Eos_rec video capture utility... before the sky was truly dark...

3x20s videos captured using Eos-rec, Converted to Standard AVi's using virtual dub.. processed in Registrax - I didn't have a clue what I was doing.. and roughly stitched without feathering in CS3...

12245_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Billy...

Indeed and I agree as I have had much better results using the camera at PF in normal "mode"..

I just wanted to try it that's all as the live view was quite turbulent but for once registrax (after conversion in AVI) did a much better job on the avi's from this setup than it has ever done on the avi's from my spc900...

OK I know its something i am doing but seeing as my main interest is DSO's then using this method means that I don't have to keep changing the setup on the scope.. my aim is to have a blommin' good clean of the optics collimate witht he cameras in place and almost permenatly install the cameras on the scopes.

I also align through them these days so hopefully never have to fit an EP to the scopes again so i can sell them off :(

Billy...

Archived