Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro not recognised by APT

AlanP_

1 minute ago, Spikey said:

Ok it's not one of those then. 

Ok! I've just somehow connected to EQMOD V2.00q. Not sure why or how but at least I knowimage.png.e8e24c7da3e14e61906c983700fd5064.png my mount is working ok. Now how to connect this elsewhere..

So I spent a solid 4 hours trying to get my mount to connect to laptop. Crystal clear skies all evening.

I finally get it all connected, everythings set up - CLOUDS!

However, I am really glad I got the software bit sorted out now so at least in that regard ill be setup for the next night. 

Even if there were clouds, I probably wouldnt have gotten any images. 

1. I could not see any LED through the polar scope. I could see some stars, but not the polar circle where I line polaris up.
  2. I really didnt know what I was doing for the most part. Even if I was polar aligned, I didnt know what to do on the software side of things. 

Is there a video or resource that runs through EVERYTHING step by step from polar alignment, to getting setup on APT, to anything else I need to know!  Theres lots out there but if someone could vouch for one that helped them it would be great :)

Also, does anyone know why I couldnt see any LED through the polar scope?

Thanks for everyones help!