NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 - SGL Combined Data (Registar)

Tim

Thank you for all the contributions to this project. (Contributors:TJ, SteveL, FordPrefect, Ant, Psychobilly, Les Tilly, MartinB, Beyondvision, Roy Batty)

Getting the stack just right has proved to be somewhat tricky, and like many others, I find that M31 is an image you can never really leave alone, perhaps because there are so many elements and factors involved. I was also a little surprised that the data didnt come out a little smoother, but at least 50% of it was from dslrs. At any rate, I just found a 'pro' picture of M31 on the www and tried to bring our data as close to that as possible.

I did have some nice quality data of the core section of M31, but this proved too difficult to get into the main image without having lines showing all over the place. So, I took the main image, overlaid my core section, and then cropped that as a seperate picture.

Here are the files, previews below.

http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/117

http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/116

Thanks for looking, and again, thanks for all those who submitted their files.

TJ

12105_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

12106_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Oooo that's nice...

You know what would be good? To show the finished images from each of the contributors, then the combined end result. I would be very interested to compare (for example) SteveL's finished image and the final one below.

In other words how much data did my image actually add to the party...?

Ant

fantastic result....

I took a quick 10min shot through an FS128 in Ha...but there was literally nothing there.

So to see HII regions clearly in your picture above, is remarkable.....

It would be nice to see it done on a much fainter object....

say Rosette?

just think of the possibilities in summer, with cygnus etc!

well done

paul

I know 'very good' M31s are becoming quite commonplace these days, but this one is really outstanding: proves that many hands can be better than one sometimes! I like the colour and detail especially in the central expanded view. And it's a well-balanced pair of images nicely presented.

Archived