NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Very belated capernicus crater from November 26th.

Nigella Bryant

Hi all, as I'm not usually someone who does lunar imaging I'd not processed this experimental one from 26th November 2020. It was taken with C11 @ F10 using an old Zwo ASI 120mm. Stacked in Autostakker3 and sharpening in ImPPG. Think I might be lunar imaging in the future if I get some clear skies. I'm usually a solar imager.  A different learning curve from solar. 

PSX_20210118_153630.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
more comment added
  • Like 11

I think it’s a lovely image. You probably are not using the most of the resolution possible wit the C11/ASI120 combo. F/20 would be better. Nonetheless there is pretty good detail visible. So raw data must be ok. 
 Regarding processing. I like the tonality of the image with plenty of contrast. Giving enough detail in the ray system of Copernicus. Only very few burnt highlights are visible. 
I like it 👍

• Thanks 1

Nice icebreaker Nigella.

A 2x barlow would work wonders with a well setup C11. UK seeing is the enemy. I would suggest try going deeper into the IR. Altair was selling a IR pass filter called the planet killer. it worked well against UK bad seeing. But its real strength was using it under reasonably good seeing, for super sharp stable high resolution lunar images. 

• Thanks 1

A nice one Nigella. I take on board what Neil has said above, but I wondered whether the focus was very slightly out. This is with a much smaller scope, white light (no IR filter), so I suspect your C11 is capable of so much more!

Chris

copernicus2a.jpg

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1