Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Should I spend £170 on William Optics flat 61 or £75 on an OVL field flattener ?

Anybody with experience of field flattener ? Specifically compatibility with William Optics Zenithstar 61, is the William optics flat 61 flattener £100 better than say the OVL/Stellamira generic 2” Field Flattener ?

ive resigned myself to needing one but which ?

then there is also an Altair Astro Flat-60 which is similar in design (screw fit) to the WO £99 but Altair Astro didnt know if it would fit.

more confusion 🙈

4 minutes ago, Newforestgimp said:

Anybody with experience of field flattener ? Specifically compatibility with William Optics Zenithstar 61, is the William optics flat 61 flattener £100 better than say the OVL/Stellamira generic 2” Field Flattener ?

ive resigned myself to needing one but which ?

then there is also an Altair Astro Flat-60 which is similar in design (screw fit) to the WO £99 but Altair Astro didnt know if it would fit.

more confusion 🙈

I'd go for the Williams Optics one to match the scope. I'm using the adjustable Flat 73 with my Zenithstar 73 and the stars are perfect all the way to the edge of the field.

Tony.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

The generic flatteners are good and they do flatten the field but if there is a specific one for a specific scope then it should be optically matched to that scope and give better results.

This was a question i was going to ask, I have the OVL one for my Skywatcher telescope.  FLO gave me two options and i chose the cheaper lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newforestgimp said:

Anybody with experience of field flattener ? Specifically compatibility with William Optics Zenithstar 61

Hi there....I use the WO adjustable flattener on my Zenithstar 61 and yes the stars are pin point to the edges :thumbsup:

Mark

• Like 1