Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First telescope use tonight

Tonight was the first clear night to get out my brand new 130st eq! And, omg! So, got a pic of Sirius, and what I'm hoping is Orion's nebula. Pleiades didnt turn out. And, I'm 99% sure I'm using my mount incorrectly. These pics were taking with a crappy cell phone mount with my samsung a50 with a diffrent camera app running. I also put them through some software to do some enhancing. Dont care if you dont like it, its day 1. 

Screenshot_20210109-214112_Photos.jpg

IMG_20210109_214053_HDR.jpg

01EVN7YP81QHFHB8VZCK1YMNR9.jpg

01EVN84YSQP6W7Q65VXCMMBEFM.jpg

• Like 11

Congratulations on your first experience! And it sounds like a successful one too! That absolutely is the Orion Nebula - well done for finding it. One of my favourites.

If you find yourself out again soon, try working through this excerpt from the Messier Catalogue - You might not be able to see them all depending on the weather and light pollution in your area but it's a fun little hunt to try out.

Clear skies!

Edited by DanWri
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...