Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Messier 1 - GSO 8" f/4 First Light...

RichieJarvis

Here is the processed first light image for my new GSO 8". If anyone has any ideas on how to stablise the camera whilst its 2cm out of the focus barrel, I'd be very grateful! See here for the info

Seeing wasn't very good on Monday, but at least I could see the stars - couldn't wait really! Its amazing what a new piece of kit does for you :(

This image was taken with the GSO 8" - guiding with the AP 102ED

Ha 15 x 300

OIII 13 x 300

12069_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks for looking!

Richie

Well a splendid result for first light, loads of detail and nicely processed. If you're after critical comments: well the only thing that strikes me as wrong, at first glance, is the triangular stars - something that was being discussed at AdurAS was it not? Perhaps someone has the answer to this?

Thanks for the comments.

Yes - we were discussing triangluar stars at AdurAS last time, weren't we? That was a reflector though.

Hmm - I wonder if I have over-tightened the collimating screws at the back, and deforming the mirror cell slightly - I'll have to have a play next time I am out. I had thought it was something to do with the terrible seeing that night, but you are right, those are definitely triangles!

I'll have to slacken them off a little and see if it improves.

Cheers,

Richie

Archived