NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

low power widefield Nikon Teleconverter pair

DaveL59

1 minute ago, Tiny Clanger said:

I will not buy any more toys, I will not buy any more toys ...

I so know that feeling! I was browsing around to see what M42 lenses are around that might interest me, tho I'll likely rarely use them. Must randomly change all by online purchasing passwords I think and let the cards have a breather 😉 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Never seen any of these for sale... given the rarity of those lenses it’s a pretty good deal. I find them more ergonomic than the others and I don’t need the focussing (yet).

Peter

Hi Peter, I've one eye slightly worse than the other, is there no dioptre adjustment or way to individually focus these? I suppose not, unless they sit in a threaded socket, etc.

I had some Kawai widebinos, interesting, but sold them. Replacements are tempting!

50 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

they do look nicely put together from the pics. I'm not looking for such a pair but if anyone here is then it seemed a good deal. I recall @markse68 was making a pair and might have been one side short but I could be wrong there.

Nice find Dave- the afov is much larger than the Helios ones I sent back. As  it happens patience paid off and i just scored a bit of a bargain on the missing second lens for my pair- £16 :) - hoping it’ll arrive tomorrow 🤞😊

Mark

• Like 2

These have the same field as the new Orions, but lack focussing. My eyes are OK and so I can use each. They feature a 3D printed housing round the teleconverter pair. The Orion is less tapered and dig into my nose a bit, both can use binobandits to block straylight. 

Peter

• Thanks 1