Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APP mosaic issues

Has anyone ran into trouble with the mosaic function is APP?  I'm trying to process a fairly straightforward 6 panel mosaic, each panel is from an 8 megapixel camera.  This is the message I'm getting at the integration stage:

image.thumb.png.7878c80663b964928b174ea32fa2c18f.png

I encountered this issue when attempting to integrate a 10 panel mosiac I was working on over a year ago.

Providing you have permitted APP to use all available RAM, the best way to get around it (other than buying more RAM) is to integrate each panel separately and then integrate together in APP. 

You may still encounter the issue but they downscale factor will be much closer to 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spongey said:

I encountered this issue when attempting to integrate a 10 panel mosiac I was working on over a year ago.

Providing you have permitted APP to use all available RAM, the best way to get around it (other than buying more RAM) is to integrate each panel separately and then integrate together in APP. 

You may still encounter the issue but they downscale factor will be much closer to 1.

Cheers :D  It integrated 5 panels no issues last week, the 6th must have pushed it over the edge.

2 hours ago, Spongey said:

No problem, looking forward to seeing the result!

I closed it down and restarted APP and when choosing the working directory realised I had been stacking from my 128gb memory stick not the pc hard drive.   It has just stacked the 6 panels no problem. 

2 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

if you have not already...Increase the amount of RAM the software can use....there is an option for that....will that maybe help...👍

Cheers Stuart. It’s set to max RAM. I have 16GB which was all my budget could stretch to when building the PC.  Might add more in the future 

54 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Cheers Stuart. It’s set to max RAM. I have 16GB which was all my budget could stretch to when building the PC.  Might add more in the future 

Ah, ok I could not tell if you had it set on max, sorry can’t be of more help, I havent been using APP for that long.... 👍😀

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

Ah, ok I could not tell if you had it set on max, sorry can’t be of more help, I havent been using APP for that long.... 👍😀

No bother. Working now that I changed the working directory 

Yes, I got this when attempting my 12 panel M31 mosaic on a 16 gig RAM laptop.

Processed no problem on my new dedicated imaging PC with 32 gig RAM, however the result was still pants, but I can’t blame it on the memory.

1 minute ago, tomato said:

Yes, I got this when attempting my 12 panel M31 mosaic on a 16 gig RAM laptop.

Processed no problem on my new dedicated imaging PC with 32 gig RAM, however the result was still pants, but I can’t blame it on the memory.

Seems the problem was trying to process it with all the data on a memory stock 😂

Itll probably be pants also though lol

Just to add to this, I also now realise I was trying to combine calibrated 2x2 Oiii data with uncalibrated 1x1 Oiii data, and for some reason APP disagreed.  Incidentally, it did stack the same Oiii data when I turned off MBB and LNC - so it must be a memory issue.