Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2264 LHaRGB (Cone Nebula)

tooth_dr

Here is my latest image.  It's an LHaRGB image taken with a dual rig of Tak Epsilon 180 and SW ED80.

L = 175 minutes

Ha = 250 minutes

R = 70 minutes

G = 65 minutes

B = 70 minutes 

I need to work on how to control the stars during a stretch, rather than dealing with them afterwards, as the latter is easier but leaves artefacts.  Reasonably happy with this one though, any comments welcome as always good, bad or indifferent.  I have been changing the spacing on the Tak, and it's got better, but it still looks a little too much, so I'll remove a small 0.5mm spacer and see how that helps.

Best wishes

Adam.

NGC2264-LHaRGB.jpg

NGC2264-LHaRGB-2.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
Added slightly sharpened version + HLVG
  • Like 16

53 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Wonderful image!

Thanks, means a lot

53 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Very impressive with great contrast and drama.  I just love the diffraction spikes a real image.

Regards Andrew 

Thanks Andrew.  Diffraction spikes courtesy of the luminance from the Epsilon.

44 minutes ago, AKB said:

...Lovely colours too!

Thank you!  It’s a busy region, hard to get a balance. 

43 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Some lovely dust showing  through.  The stars do seem a little dominant.  Have you found that Starnet leaves artefacts?

Thanks Martin, yes I agree the stars are too large.  I use a variety of star reduction methods involving selecting them and feathering, but I find that you often tell from looking at it closely.  Starnet does a good job, I would use it to remove stars from NB data prior to stretching but havent used it on broadband data.

• Like 1