NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Squid with RASA8 and OSC - first two hours

gorann

1 hour ago, Mick J said:

Wonderful picture and description Gorann (enjoy your supper - you have earned it), I cannot add to any of the above comments, I can only enjoy looking again at that squid.  It's becoming a fishy thread.

Thanks Mick! We are into the  cheese now 🤗 Will get mote data tomorrow  night I hope

16 hours ago, gorann said:

Fortunately Adam I am at a quite dark place so would not know how well it works under light pollution, but a dual band filter like I used on this one could probably work quite well.

My NBX should arrive today so I will hopefully be posting soon how it works with the same set up under a Bortle 4/5 sky.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Allinthehead said:

Really shows the power of the Rasa, I could just make out the squid when I tried this with the Epsilon and my Duo filter, 3 hours if I remember correctly.

Yes, it does have 2.4 times more light grasp than an Epsilon 130 with about the same FL, and if you arrange the cables right you can even get star spikes😆.  But then it is not made in Japan so it does not have that glorious price tag, so you are left with the problem of spending the 1000 pounds left over🥴.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

Surely, calamari would have ben more appropriate, in this case?

Yes, of course, but sadly Michael who drives his fresh-fish lorry from Gothenburg up here every Friday was empty for calamari🥴

44 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

That image is incredible Goran - looks like the RASA strikes again. Trouble is I think my credit card might get bent again on a new filter....

Thanks a lot! A filter is a great Christmas present!