Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD2 mount won’t move in RA

turbo 2011

Help please I’ve tried 3 st4 cables I’ve tried pulse guiding I’ve tried PHD2 I’ve tried maxim dl I’ve tried reinstalling I’ve tried different rates god knows I’ve tried everything thing was working fine last season just can’t get it work this time I’m giving up thinking of getting a stand alone guider .

any suggestions that I’ve not tried mount moves fine with ascom control but if I use the controls in tools for both software will only move north south ? 

im about to throw towel in 

1 hour ago, knobby said:

Will the mount move in RA at all ? Will it track without guiding ? As a last resort maybe try factory defaults / reset ?

It will track in RA just not move when I try too guide 🤷‍♂️ So i can still image but only short exposures no guiding .

factory reset I guess u mean hand controller I don’t use it eqmod direct 

10 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Can you post up a guide log? There should be a folder titled PHD2 where it stores guiding logs.

sorry for late reply been a long night last night i got it to move north/south/east/west last night went through all its steps then stopped says cant guide due to previous error im guessing thats when it would not move at all east west .

ive attached log i think 

13 hours ago, turbo 2011 said:

eqmod direct

Can you also post a screenshot with ascom settings?  I'm interested mostly in the pulse guide settings, maybe your ra and Dec rates reset somehow. 

The screenshot should be something like this:

images.png

Edited by Atreta

39 minutes ago, Atreta said:

Can you also post a screenshot with ascom settings?  I'm interested mostly in the pulse guide settings, maybe your ra and Dec rates reset somehow. 

The screenshot should be something like this:

images.png

I will go out in Obbs later and connect up to mount 

The Calibrations you tried on the 19th with EQMOD were all completed, showing that PHD2 was able to guide the mount in all directions  😆  !!

But there were no attempts to actually guide after the Calibrations ?

Calibrations took over 40 steps, it should only take 10 to 15 steps per axis.

So you should check that your PHD2  setup figures for FL and pixel size are correct, or try doubling the Calibration step in Advanced Setup / Guiding.

And is "Enable Mount Guide Output" ticked in that same window ?

With ASCOM and EQMOD, Calibrate at Dec 0, and use that Cal for the rest of the night, PHD2 will compensate for the actual Dec of your target.

Michael

Yes Micheal it did move the mount in all directions  on the 19th but at the end of the calibration it said failed due to previous fault 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know will do as you have instructed in setting try again and will up date will also take more screen shots when error codes come up 

2 hours ago, michael8554 said:

The Calibrations you tried on the 19th with EQMOD were all completed, showing that PHD2 was able to guide the mount in all directions  😆  !!

But there were no attempts to actually guide after the Calibrations ?

Calibrations took over 40 steps, it should only take 10 to 15 steps per axis.

So you should check that your PHD2  setup figures for FL and pixel size are correct, or try doubling the Calibration step in Advanced Setup / Guiding.

And is "Enable Mount Guide Output" ticked in that same window ?

With ASCOM and EQMOD, Calibrate at Dec 0, and use that Cal for the rest of the night, PHD2 will compensate for the actual Dec of your target.

Michael

Here is a fault I don’t understand 

6FC5D7A7-76AC-4CC0-8100-DADAABF267A3.jpeg