Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

11-7 120 raw frames and a curiosity

Kitsunegari

well now i am perplexed.  I processed the images several different times and stacked several different methods. 

Those contrasty, artifact like rings inside the sunspot are real,  it is some kind of double anulus ring  at the edge of the inner penumbral perimeter.     (it looks like a pair of newton rings inside the sunspot core)

I have never seen this before in all my 10 years of imaging, and 15 years of watching the sun.  

I would like to still believe these are artifacts from my camera setting or processing;  however they are in the raw file and have an apparent "beach like" crest wave associated with the pulsation of the core within the animation.  There is a flow of pressure actually pushing outward from the center of the sunspot core, toward these rings.

It literally is like a beach!   Here is pure evidence and  correlation between the inner core outflow, directing the curious ring/ridge .     

spacer.pngspacer.png

117.gif.ec214d3f05032d2e7ee05173f0788a2d.gif857283063_thering.gif.8430b1a144c6e9c31b372467eda56398.gif479892470_theringb.gif.e109c2ec3fa131ec901331e2e99835de.gif

Edited by Kitsunegari
  • Like 4

• Kitsunegari changed the title to 11-7 120 raw frames and a curiosity

I'd compare your results with a pro solar website showing exactly the same feature. [If possible.]
There must be a lot of very expensive kit pointing straight at this feature right now.

It seems extremely unlikely that such a bizarre ring artefact exists outside of your unique processing.
I have never seen anything like these rings in any of the images or videos online nor in any book illustration.
It could be Newton's rings formed from within your optical system, but how? Contrast phase effect?
Light/dark boundary viewed under narrowband monochromatic light?

The whirling within the spot is quite amazing and does look real enough to the naked eye.

1 hour ago, Rusted said:

I'd compare your results with a pro solar website showing exactly the same feature. [If possible.]
There must be a lot of very expensive kit pointing straight at this feature right now.

It seems extremely unlikely that such a bizarre ring artefact exists outside of your unique processing.
I have never seen anything like these rings in any of the images or videos online nor in any book illustration.
It could be Newton's rings formed from within your optical system, but how? Contrast phase effect?
Light/dark boundary viewed under narrowband monochromatic light?

The whirling within the spot is quite amazing and does look real enough to the naked eye.

The problem is very few people on earth are making these animations like i do, and even fewer people own a calcium filter  :)

My filter is very unique, in that is 100% customized.  only one other person on earth owns anything similar.   He lives in Singapore and has had monsoon season, so very few images are coming from him at this time.

I am not aware of any online timelapsed daily calcium images at this resolution outside of the dutch open telescope, and that does not seem open for my access..  You can sort of see where the rings are in most of the recent images however.  They are are defined differently because of different areas of the chromosphere/photosphere shown in my data.

Here is a previous image from the 5th,  the ring is there it just isnt has defined like it was on the 7th.

retreat.gif.71400d5896a83d864572fc67976d1038.gif

i did  find  this image below on spaceweather.com posted by allesando bianconi.   he images at high resolution and there is a secondary beach pattern is in his image as well.  However you can also see the difference in our filters/ telescope.  200mm versus 127mm...   , unfortunatley no animation from him.  .

However, i am going to still be inclined to accept it may be a camera artifact.  I will try to process the data again to remove it.  But, i do like to accept that its a rare instance of something unique to that day.

https://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=169516

Alessandro-Bianconi-web.AR2781-Ha.Calcium.Wl_1604860225.thumb.jpg.f3775909c37e2ab15d7610ac98f0fd90.jpg

here is anote worthy image from alan friedman who is pretty famous for imaging,  the beach is there as well.

https://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=169520

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Kitsunegari
  • Like 2

I don't know much about science of the sun, alas, and I don't fully understand what you are looking for/ what this double beach is, or how to process your cool data!

Your anim does look incredible, that motion looks very natural to me, but I am clueless anyhow!

Is this any help at all? The frames are about 1 minute apart each, taken from Helioviewer, with minimal processing my end using PIPP and a video editor. Mainly change of gamma to show some detail inside the spot, and of course the false colour.

spacer.png

I look forward to seeing more of your amazing work!

---
7th November, 2020
AIA 1700 data Courtesy of NASA/SDO and the AIA, EVE, and HMI science teams.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Luke said:

I don't know much about science of the sun, alas, and I don't fully understand what you are looking for/ what this double beach is, or how to process your cool data!

Your anim does look incredible, that motion looks very natural to me, but I am clueless anyhow!

Is this any help at all? The frames are about 1 minute apart each, taken from Helioviewer, with minimal processing my end using PIPP and a video editor. Mainly change of gamma to show some detail inside the spot, and of course the false colour.

spacer.png

I look forward to seeing more of your amazing work!

---
7th November, 2020
AIA 1700 data Courtesy of NASA/SDO and the AIA, EVE, and HMI science teams.

Thanks,  ya  i used to have sdo aia1600 and sdo aia1700 to compare using the 4096 download data  from here  https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/aiahmi/

But that has been disabled.   I will look at helio viewer and see whats hiding in there.

I downloaded your file and unzipped it. I then dragged it into AS!3.
AS!3 says it wants all the image dimensions to be the same.
So it won't proceed with Analyse. Is this expected?
I was hoping your rings would show up in the final processed image.

Edited by Rusted

22 hours ago, Rusted said:

I downloaded your file and unzipped it. I then dragged it into AS!3.
AS!3 says it wants all the image dimensions to be the same.
So it won't proceed with Analyse. Is this expected?
I was hoping your rings would show up in the final processed image.

When i stack images in autostakkert, i select the "Expand button"   so that i get maximum file size out of the stacking.

You can load up the files in pipp if you want to crop them all to be the same size ,   but throwing a .tif raw file in autostakkert will not accomplish anything.

The files need an image processor and aligner to be used.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rusted said:

Thanks. I always use Cropped.
Expand seemed to do weird things.

so i have been keeping a close eye on this https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/latest48.php?q=1600

This circle ridge feature is absolutely without a doubt captured on SDO aia1600 as well, so this is very real.

I wonder if i was just bandpass tuned to a unique material wavelength inside of the sunspot that is normaly not thought about.   My filter is close to 0.5 angstroms, but the wavelength is currently unknown because of the barlow placement currently.

Could be calcium,  could be iron.  Could be silicon, aluminum.  Conclusively i would say yes that pure atomic metals are spewing out of the sunspot core, and various elemental densities separate via magnetism then a pure slag/slush forms the circular perimieter where it maybe is hottest because it is freshly  projected material.  (projected from under the sunspot)