NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A Mars a day.....

Stu

So jealous. Turns out Mars is my Nemesis. Horrible weather, starting with extreme heat directly into heavy weather. Not a single opportunity for two months!
I missed Mars last time and it seems this time too. I just have to make peace with the god of war.

Next opportunity this good I will be 70, with the way things are I am not planning past next year.

Marv

• Sad 1

Mars Was just too wobbly an hour ago. I can’t seem to get the decent views I had September 21st. Maybe that was my night, you never really know until it’s past. Anyone else think they’ve had their best shot ?

Edited by Dantooine

Cleared for a while but Mars not as "giving" as it was for the past couple of nights. The features are visible but much of the time the image lacks really good definition. Occasional glimpses of something better but overall a bit "so so" :undecided:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Cleared for a while but Mars not as "giving" as it was for the past couple of nights. The features are visible but much of the time the image lacks really good definition. Occasional glimpses of something better but overall a bit "so so" :undecided:

I've just put the 102 f/11 away.

Like you John, I found the views just "so so" especially when compared to last night and I'm not convinced it was down to having 20mm less aperture tonight.

Moved across for some lunar action and got a nice view of the bright line of Rupes Cauchy as it disappeared into the shadow, which was a nice highlight, then called it quits when the eyepieces started dewing up.

• Like 2