Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik Camera customer service

NigeB

Hi All,

Wanted to briefly share my recent experience with Atik.

I've been out of action for the last few months while replacing my roll-off-roof observatory with a dome. When I came to set everything up again a couple of weeks ago, I found that I couldn't get my Atik 460ex down to my normal operating temperature (-15°C). A bit of sleuthing with a DVM showed the power was getting through to the fan, but the blades weren't moving - so it was pretty sure to be a blown fan. 

It's a good few years old, well outside of warranty. I contacted Atik via their support forum and described the problem. They could have charged me for a return-to-base service, and I'd have been happy to do that. But instead, they requested a replacement fan from the factory, and the next thing I know, it arrived (today) in the post, no charge. I fitted it, and everything is working as it should. 

I'm really impressed with this response. At some point in future I'm likely to upgrade to a larger area detector, and this kind of experience really makes the decision process much easier.

Nigel

• Like 3

I agree totally..  always had helpful responses and great customer service from them.    Same with Starlight Xpress as well.

25 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

....where are Atik based out of?

I think I sent my filter wheel off to somewhere in Norwich, England, but I seem to remember on FB seeing images of a new factory complex in Portugal.  

7 minutes ago, Craney said:

I agree totally..  always had helpful responses and great customer service from them.    Same with Starlight Xpress as well.

I think I sent my filter wheel off to somewhere in Norwich, England, but I seem to remember on FB seeing images of a new factory complex in Portugal.  

Yes that's right - the UK office responded to me - they're based in Norwich, but I believe the factory is the one in Portugal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, everybody,

I have an Atik Infinity color and I very satisfied of this product. In order to complete my setup, I would buy an Atik Base for driving my setup with Stellarmate & power the different elements.

I don't find the informations I need:

- how you could attach the Atik base to your setup?

- Is is raspberry 3 or 4 embedded in the box?

- What are the current abilities of the three 12V outputs?

&

- What are the differences between the Stellarmate of Jasem & the Stellarmate of Atik.

I look for these informations on the Atik web site: no screenshot, no documents & no videos. I have sent an email to their support with these request but

for the moment, I have receive any answers. Do someone use this Atik Base & could share its experience & the informations about this product with 

us. Thank you for the help.

Though I bought Zwo only because they had a CMOS the size I wanted in the shape of 071. I wanted to really buy Atik, not the first time I have read such top quality customer service from them, a few years down the line when they will no doubt do larger chips I would like one from them.

Alan

• Like 1