NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some Venus Images from 18th Jan

Ant

I got a new focuser from the nice man at FLO last week and it had made things a lot easier...

Still the inherrant issues of imaging during bad seeing - but this has made it easier to get close to good focus. Was a right mission before.

I've also managed to solve the issue with the DMK freezing :hello1:

So here are some images.

The first two are prime focus, both around 200 frames from 2000.

The third is with a 2x barlow, again around 200 but from a larger (4000 frame) AVI.

The last one taken with a 3x barlow (giving F45, FL of 8100mm) was around 125 frames from 4800 frame AVI. This last image could have done with a lot more frames. I might try the stack again but with a lower quality setting, just to increase the numer of frames and see what happens.

I'm quite happy. Can't wait for the moon to come back!

Ant

Good work Ant. Venus is a very contrary Lady, and will not always pose for a camera, but you have got a couple of good ones here.

I can feel your enthusiasm growing by the day mate and that can be a great driving force.

Ron. :thumbright:

Archived