Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen alu tripod question

NVDW

Probably a stupid question but which model is this?? Looked on the web for some info but can't seem to find info on it. 

It came with my GP-DX. Seems hardly used, maybe even not. Max height is 60cm so quite a shorty :)

IMG_20201003_091855.jpg

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

Not a HAL110, but not sure what it is! Looks just like a shorter version but I can’t find anything online.

Yeah it looks like the HAL110 but the mini version and I also don't find anything about it. 

Don't see any evidence on first sight... Might have to remove some stuff to check that. 

Gonna keep it anyway but I was curious what this type could be. 

@dweller25yeah I have some plans with it and the missing parts are on the way from Japan :) Too bad the motors are useless ATM. 

I believe Vixen tripod numbers are the extended leg length in cm, which is of course longer than the height to mount plate. So a 130 goes to about 1m height. It,s a HAL for sure and  quite old as green paint.

If you measure the leg length it should be 110cm extended?

Edited by Stephenstargazer
Addition

I really don't see any tampering with it at first sight. Probably would have to disassemble a leg to check it. Or it is a rare unknown model :)

I don't know about the newton... . It came with an 100ED but this might be not the OTA that was used with this tripod. 

No plans for now except not selling it except when someone REALLY needs one. I bought an original Vixen AL90 to mount my DX on. 

Edited by NVDW