NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pentax and Takahashi link?

Alan White

I watched a Pentax vision presentation (cameras) this weekend, it was raining hard and I was sat in the camper.

Anyways, Pentax is lead by Mr Takahashi, who speaks very good English by the way.
Anyway made me ponder, is Takahashi a common Japanese family name or are the companies linked somehow?

Anyone know at all?
Dear Google was not much help when I looked.

Edited by Alan White

8 hours ago, Alan White said:

So Takahashi is very common.....
not starting an argument on scopes here, I must add.

Apparently the Name Takahashi in Japan is as common as Smith is in the UK.  So Takahashi telescopes may not be quite as exotic as they sound. I'm not sure I'd be as attached to a scope that was made by Smith. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Apparently the Name Takahashi in Japan is as common as Smith is in the UK.  So Takahashi telescopes may not be quite as exotic as they sound. I'm not sure I'd be as attached to a scope that was made by Smith. 😞

Rather have a Smith than a Bird-Jones, Mike

🙂

• Haha 3

Pentax is owned by Ricoh now I think. The Ricoh name is included on the boxes of my more recent Pentax XW's and just Pentax on the earlier ones.

Having scopes by Vixen and Takahashi I agree that the Pentax XW eyepieces are an excellent match but then again so are all excellent eyepieces :smiley:

• Like 2