Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Will HEQ5 Pro fit on NEQ6 Pro tripod?

jonathan

Just wondering if this is a compatible match, as I already have the NEQ6 Pro mount and tripod but would like to know if the HEQ5 Pro SynScan mount will fit onto the tripod I already have.

Also, are the handsets interchangeable between HEQ5 Pro and NEQ6 Pro?  I have the SynTrek handset with the NEQ6 Pro, it has an RS232 style connector I think.

5 minutes ago, jonathan said:

Just wondering if this is a compatible match, as I already have the NEQ6 Pro mount and tripod but would like to know if the HEQ5 Pro SynScan mount will fit onto the tripod I already have.

Also, are the handsets interchangeable between HEQ5 Pro and NEQ6 Pro?  I have the SynTrek handset with the NEQ6 Pro, it has an RS232 style connector I think.

There is probably an adapter to match the tripod to the HEQ5 head, they are not compatible otherwise. The Synscan handset is compatible with all the Synscan mounts, you just need a new cable. The HEQ5 uses a standard CAT5 network cable, so you could use one of those rather than the curly Synscan cable.