NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Modification Recommendations Required for EOS 6D

Suffolk Chris

Hi All,

Ive just joined the forum (first post) and starting to get in to Astrophotography.

I live in Suffolk in the UK. Could anyone recommend or advise on a good safe company to send my Canon EOS 6D to be astro modified. How much are other people on this forum paying for the service and who are they sending there camera's too and would they recommend the service they received? Are there any camera modders I need to avoid?

Currently looking at DSLR Astro Mod, anybody had a 6D done with him and would they recommend?

Edited by Suffolk Chris

Either Astronomiser or CheapAstroPhotography. The 6D costs a little more to modify but its a great camera once done. Big pixels, low noise. I bought mine already modified from Juan at CheapAstro.. He can be hard to get hold of via email but usually does respond in a day or 2.

I had a 600D when I first started out but the 6D is another league. All below taken with my 6D and an IDAS D2 LP filter. The Heart and Soul was with a duo band filter.

OrionHorseFlameSCNR.jpg

H&S bicolour 2.jpg

M13 PS tweaks.jpg

20200531_192146.jpg

M33 1 hour.jpg

M106-LRGB.jpg

Edited by david_taurus83
spelling

54 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Either Astronomiser or CheapAstroPhotography. The 6D costs a little more to modify but its a great camera once done. Big pixels, low noise. I bought mine already modified from Juan at CheapAstro.. He can be hard to get hold of via email but usually does respond in a day or 2.

I had a 600D when I first started out but the 6D is another league. All below taken with my 6D and an IDAS D2 LP filter. The Heart and Soul was with a duo band filter.

OrionHorseFlameSCNR.jpg

H&S bicolour 2.jpg

M13 PS tweaks.jpg

20200531_192146.jpg

M33 1 hour.jpg

M106-LRGB.jpg

Thanks David, I will certainly check them all out. Great pictures by the way, are they stacked or just one shot exposures?

• Thanks 1

All stacked. Orion was around 5 hours of 60s subs. Heart and Soul 6 hours of 300s subs. M13 around 3 hours of 60s. M27 was 40m of 60s! M33 an hour of 60s subs and M106 was around 5 hours of 120s subs I believe. All at ISO1600. The 5 hour plus images are captured over 2 or 3 nights.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice people, I have gone with Astronomiser, the camera gets to him tomorrow, Andy is doing the mod next Monday. Next to tick off my list is a autoguider for my Meade LX200 10" F10 scope.not an ideal scope for DSO but its all I have for now, good learning AP scope no doubt. I will start a new thread for that I think.

• 4 months later...