NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More RASA 8: From Sadr to the Crescent in Cygnus

gorann

My second attempt at catching nebulae in Cygnus with the RASA8 and ASI2600 OSC. Quite a lot are going on in this area. In this image I especially like det mix of dust and dark nebulosity.

The RASA is great to have when nights are short, like right now😎.

179 x 1 min, so about 3 hours. Gain set to 100. Stacked in PI and processed in PS. Happy with most things except peripheral star shapes which takes som effort to fix in PS, after the worst is cropped off.

20200822-23 Crescent Neb RASA PS24smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 10

Nice.

You see the patch of nebulosity right in the middle and extending up to the top of the image? I'm really curious about this because of its unusual colour. Yves found the same in his recent mosaic and I have it in my own capture of this region as well. It's not like the rest of the reds either side, being paler and maybe slightly lilac in colour. I wonder if there's a lot of OIII causing this. If not, what might it be?

Olly

7 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Nice.

You see the patch of nebulosity right in the middle and extending up to the top of the image? I'm really curious about this because of its unusual colour. Yves found the same in his recent mosaic and I have it in my own capture of this region as well. It's not like the rest of the reds either side, being paler and maybe slightly lilac in colour. I wonder if there's a lot of OIII causing this. If not, what might it be?

Olly

Thanks Olly!

You are right, they colour may be a bit different but it also looks more like jelly than dust, and I have done no NR at all on this image (no need for that with this camera). Space jelly?

10 hours ago, gorann said:

Thanks Olly!

You are right, they colour may be a bit different but it also looks more like jelly than dust, and I have done no NR at all on this image (no need for that with this camera). Space jelly?

Yes, the 'texture' is also rather odd in our data as well.

Olly

11 minutes ago, tomato said:

Another great widefield image, jelly in space, I like it.

Alas, when I look up at the moment, I’m just seeing Storm Francis murk.

Thanks Tomato!

Here it is supposed to be clear for one more night until clouds and the moon move in.