Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Latest PI Version 1.8.8-6

Jkulin

Just thought I'd give a heads up, the latest version has now been made available, it does seem as though there are a number of improvements, but one of the scripts that I regularly use is NRGBCombination, it makes adding Ha into an RGB so simple.

Fortunately I was chatting to the EZ Developer Darkarchon and he said that it should be available to copy over from a previous installation, sure enough I fired up my laptop that I had not updated and there it was to copy over at \program files\pixinsight\src\scripts\NBRGBCombination

If anyone has already installed the new version and needs this script then send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you as it is only 17KB, it is dead easy to add into PI

Starnet has now been added in by default now so that should help some of you.

Whilst we are on about PI, why the h*** does the developer insist on your uninstalling the current version along with all your scripts and repositories and settings and then having to add them all in afterwards, its an absolute PITA. I can't see a way on keeping all these settings.🤬

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, wornish said:

I just tried to update mine and it says no updates available - strange.

As John mentioned, upgrades have to be done by downloading the latest version from their software distribution page of your account, then uninstalling completely and reinstalling from this new version.  Not ideal.

@Jkulin As well as a few items marked obsolete, some solid updates in there, including StarNet as a core process.

1 hour ago, geeklee said:

As well as a few items marked obsolete, some solid updates in there, including StarNet as a core process.

I have yet to have a play properly Lee, I had Starnet already installed and use it, so including it was a good move, I understand people with Macs and Linus may have had a problem.

1 hour ago, Jkulin said:

I have yet to have a play properly Lee, I had Starnet already installed and use it, so including it was a good move, I understand people with Macs and Linus may have had a problem.

One thing to look out for on first application of the process is the RGB and greyscale weights files need selected (all explained in the forum post for the release so I'm sure obvious to most).  I believe these were only available after I'd applied the latest updates following the new installation.  Default (Windows) path for both - C:/Program Files/PixInsight/library/

It was interesting reading their release notes on the important pending changes and some of the items they flagged as being completely replaced soon (e.g. DBE, StarMask etc)

Indeed I was surprised that they had discontinued the Starmask, yet when I have just checked Starmask is still available as is DBE, which I would be lost without.

I suppose that will be yet another update and reinstall 🤬, so as a precaution I have copied the entire script directory and if anything goes missing in future at least I can still install them.

It really surprises me that although Juan has seen my post he will not reply and get into discussions as to why he takes this stance!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Indeed I was surprised that they had discontinued the Starmask, yet when I have just checked Starmask is still available as is DBE, which I would be lost without.

From context, it sounds more like these two (at least) will get direct, hopefully better by the sounds of it, replacements.  

24 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

It really surprises me that although Juan has seen my post he will not reply and get into discussions as to why he takes this stance!

Yes, it would be interesting to here why this method is used.  Even if the answer is just current complexity of the code... which may improve and change the simplicity of upgrades in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...