Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASi 183 MC Pro and amp glow anyone?

fwm891

Hi All, I'm interested in the ASi183 MC Pro and looking for comments from owners regarding amp glow in their images.

I have a 294 MC Pro which produced tons of amp glow (thankfully removable in processing) and I would like to know if the 183 is the same.

Thanks

Francis

The 183 produces horrendous amp glow, looking like a bright star (Supernova, more like) just out of frame.

It *will* calibrate out, but your Dark Frames must be right on the temperature, keep the exposure down below (I think it's said) 3 mins, and don't use Bias Frames as they will mess up the dark frame calibration.

• Thanks 1

Yes I get amp glow on my 183MC too but as Dave says it will calibrate out. I run at unity gain which on the 183 is 111 and have pushed 4 minute subs with no issues. I did a lot of experimentation at 180 but even after calibration it still left a dark blue residue which was apparent on a severe stretch. 

23 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Hi All, I'm interested in the ASi183 MC Pro and looking for comments from owners regarding amp glow in their images.

I have a 294 MC Pro which produced tons of amp glow (thankfully removable in processing) and I would like to know if the 183 is the same.

Thanks

Francis

The ASI533MC Pro is the camera you are looking for.

• Like 1

I went over a few of my previous sessions and recalibrated without bias frames as Dave mentions. The previous dim blue glow to the right of 180 gain shots when hard stretched has now disappeared. Thanks for the heads up @DaveS

However as Adam says the 533 may be a good option too. It wasn’t around when I got my 183.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Until very recently I used both colour and mono cameras with the 183 sensor (albeit the QHY version and not ASI). Yes there is amp glow on the right hand side but it's always calibrated out for me. Luminance and narrowband I used 300 second exposures and RGB varied from 30 to 300 second exposures with mono. Almost always 300 second exposures with osc.

This thread shows my early attempts with the osc and here is a couple images taken in mono.

ic_1396-Combo v2~2.jpg

7 hours cygnus wall v2.jpg

• Like 4