Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn Ring Tilt Comparison

si@nite

Ive been Reprocessing some old Saturn avis from 2013 when I noticed the ring tilt is almost identical so I checked!

2013 - 2014 + 21.7 degs 

2020 - 2021 + 21.6 degs

Ive posted two of my images one from june 2013 & one from june 2020 as a comparison!  Hope you find it intresting!

sat repro 2013_hfA.png

Sat 06-06-2020A.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, astroman001 said:

Interesting, two lovely mages. You can see the beneficial effect of Saturn being much higher in the sky in 2013.

Peter

Agreed Peter, as we know better seeing comes with better altitude, also that 2013 shot taken with the old DMK mono cam, just think what the more sensitive new cams will produce in good conditions! 😉

2 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice, that lovely turquoise colour of the south polar region coming through in the old image

Cheers Craig! Indeed Saturn is  a lovely colourful Planet!

Just including another image which shows it off better I think to save me reposting!

sat com2.png

What a beautiful sharp clean image of Saturn back in 2013 that is Simon. The 2020 image Isn't to bad either, But as Peter said you can clearly see the benefit of more elevation. One good thing with the Planets being so low is that it must be improving all the planetary imagers processing skills.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...