Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perseids and lightning, very very frightening...

Jonk

Well this is odd, cooling down in the garden, looking NE and in the west part of the sky there are flashes of incoming lightning, and in the east part of the sky, the odd meteor!

Amazing, nature is.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I've been trying to get my meteor cam working - thought it might do double duty tonight!!!  But.... came to check the laptop its connected to, which is iin the Obs, just at the wrong moment and am now stranded (unless I want to get completely soaked!!)  Earlier on the light show was amazing with little rain, now its the reverse.

Helen

• Sad 1

Perhaps that was the same light show we could see to the east around dusk - very impressive. No rain yet, the occasional very bright meteor, quite a lot of patchy cloud and another light show to the south.

Hope your camera copes!

Louise

5 minutes ago, aderyn said:

Perhaps that was the same light show we could see to the east around dusk - very impressive. No rain yet, the occasional very bright meteor, quite a lot of patchy cloud and another light show to the south.

Hope your camera copes!

Louise

Thanks Louise - the lightshow was amazing!  Now just torrential rain - thankfully it eased slightly so I have escaped from the Obs (phew).  The camera will have to wait until tomorrow (I've left the power on for now as it has a dew heater and hoping that might help!)

Helen

Sat outside this evening watching the sky flickering like a crazy thing with the light of distant thunderstorms.  Saw some absolute crackers of meteors though.  Not a huge number, but most that I did see were very bright and visible over ten degrees or more of the sky.

I've got total cloud cover now though, so I think it's time to call it a night.

James

I escaped.... am about to test the camera, but I proved last night that it responds to flashes, but didn't seem to capture anything else (so sadly no lightning) 🥺  Am about to google how to set up and focus a watec....

• Like 1