Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TeamViewer alternative

rubecula

• 2 weeks later...

The other night I collected the TV password in the obsy and then came indoors to the desktop.  It told me the password was wrong which is ridiculous seeing as I had copied and pasted it and E mail it to myself, so I presumed that TV had disconnected itself.   

I really could not be naffed to go outside again to collect another password, so I gave Anydesk I try which I said in an earlier post I had installed as a back up, and Bingo it worked straight away.  All you have to do is keep the code for the PC you want to connect to, start to type it and it comes up in the address box, no collecting a new code first like TV.

I am most impressed with it, it works even better than TV which I don't think I will bother to use again.

Carole 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

Team Viewer now thinks I am using it commercially even though I am not. Can't find anyway to send them an e mail or raise a ticket. No Machine works fine. Really annoying though having used TV for years with no problems.

Ditto. TV claims I'm using commercially which I'm not. Deleted TV from all devices and using Anydesk - works fine.

• 3 months later...

I used TV happily for years until recently.  Most will know that later versions forced an upgrade when one became available.  Because I have Windows XP on my Obsy computer this started causing me major problems - it got to the point where I couldn't run for longer than two or three minutes at a time without having to reconnect, and the latest version I had (15) wouldn't install in XP.  Then I found an old (2011!) installer on my Obsy computer for version 6.  This surprisingly would talk to the version 15 on my 64 bit W7 desktop, and all was go again, except that I always had to reconnect twice  - it would drop out first time.  Then was stable.  But tonight I decided to try  version 6 on my desk top as well.  Bingo!!

Well, almost Bingo except the Android version on my tablet wanted version 7 or above on the Obsy.  Not to be beaten I Googled for version 7, and unbelievably it's still available for free download 😀  Here

It happily installed on both my W7 desktop and XP Obsy computers, and hasn't so far demanded an upgrade, so if it ain't broke.....  Presumably because my desktop W7 is 64 bit, TV version 7 will also work in later versions of Windows.  Incidentally I have a predefined password set in the Obsy, so don't have to get the new one every time I log on.  In the Options Security Section.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by petevasey
  • Like 1