Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

missing screws from Sky Watcher Equinox zero 100mm OTA focuser

Hi folks,

I bought a second hand Sky Watcher Equinox Pro 100mm factor and have discovered that the focuser is missing two of the four screws arlund the outside of the base plate. I am NOT talking about the locking screw or tension screw both of which are present. I presume an electric focuser was installed previously and when removed the screws not put back.

Can anyone tell me what specs these screws are so that I know what to purchase to replace them?

The focuser is not entirely stable without them.

Andy

• 7 months later...
On 01/08/2020 at 10:12, athornett said:

Hi folks,

I bought a second hand Sky Watcher Equinox Pro 100mm factor and have discovered that the focuser is missing two of the four screws arlund the outside of the base plate. I am NOT talking about the locking screw or tension screw both of which are present. I presume an electric focuser was installed previously and when removed the screws not put back.

Can anyone tell me what specs these screws are so that I know what to purchase to replace them?

The focuser is not entirely stable without them.

Andy

Hi Andy, I have a box of screws which are suitable for your scope, PM me your address and I will send you a selection of sizes.

12 minutes ago, iapa said:

Hi,

I have similar issue in that couple of the hex head silver bolts have entered (an)other dimension(s).

Do you still have a note of the sizes from earlier?

PM me your address and I will send you what you need.