Think my 600D Sensor needs cleaning

smr

Hi guys, 

Imaged for the first time with my newly acquired Canon 600D.... 

The strange pattern lower right - anyone know what that could be, doesn't look like sensor dust... will it clean with a sensor clean, and can anyone recommend a good sensor cleaning kit for the 600D please?

On the bright side it's the first stack I've ever done (albeit only 1h30m) with a modified DSLR, and also first with a narrowband optolong l-enhance.

A couple of points, positive and negative... the banding is much more pronounced in the 600D compared to my 80D - it has made me realise just how good the 80D is in terms of the cleanliness of the data, almost thinking about modifying my 80D now.

The Optolong L-eNhance is superb from first impressions, stars are much smaller which is really nice, and no halos. I could imagine with a clean sensor and several hours integration I could get a nice image.

Thanks

Joel

Heart-Nebula-1h35m-19-Lights-stretched.thumb.jpg.4f19743ec76c10c2b0785bd7fcd881a1.jpg

that thing on the bottom right also shows on flats.

Edited by smr

20 hours ago, smr said:

Hi guys, 

Imaged for the first time with my newly acquired Canon 600D.... 

The strange pattern lower right - anyone know what that could be, doesn't look like sensor dust... will it clean with a sensor clean, and can anyone recommend a good sensor cleaning kit for the 600D please?

Before going in with swabs and fluids I'd try a blower and the camera's own sensor cleaning options.

Lock the mirror open, hold the camera upside down and use a blower to blow up onto the sensor, this may dislodge stuff and have it drop out (make sure the camera is held upside down/sensor facing the floor). If that doesn't work then try the clean sensor now option on the camera's menu.

If they both don't work then consider something more invasive like swabs.