Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adaptor for Converting Heq5 vixen to accept Losmandy with Esprit 100 for imaging

Craig123

Hi all 

I've stepped up from my trusty SW Ed80 to Esprit 100  on my Heq5. It comes with a nice big green Losmandy plate that doesnt fit :{ ..There must be a few Esprit owners out there who have looked at options for this.

I found i Geoptik mini universal saddle that looks small and lightweight but worried it wont be substantial enough.There is also an ADM  that may work. Anyone have any advice please ?

I don't want to add to much weight to the mount as it has FW and Asi1600 plus guidecam for imaging.

Thanks 

• Cornelius Varley changed the title to Adaptor for Converting Heq5 vixen to accept Losmandy with Esprit 100 for imaging
26 minutes ago, Craig123 said:

big green Losmandy plate that doesnt fit

hi

These are good.

If you're only going to use wide dovetail plates from now on then this will save you quite a bit of weight.

Ask for delivery from the European store.

Cheers 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

One of these perhaps. The original puck can also be replaced with this.

They look good to me Peter but where does the puck come in to play.Do you attach the new plate with puck and then clamp that direct with HEq5 ? 

Do you think this looks like it would deal with the scope and cameras...not sure if any of these  will allow for correct balance...overlooked this extra cost !

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-mini-universal-saddle-plate-dual-fit-for-heq5.html

Edited by Craig123

20 minutes ago, Craig123 said:

They look good to me Peter but where does the puck come in to play.Do you attach the new plate with puck and then clamp that direct with HEq5 ?

Just realised you don't need the extra puck, this comes as part of the new saddle. To fit the ADM saddle you loosen of the grub screws holding the existing puck, remove the old puck and replace with the new one.

6 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Just realised you don't need the extra puck, this comes as part of the new saddle. To fit the ADM saddle you loosen of the grub screws holding the existing puck, remove the old puck and replace with the new one.

So this top plate comes off (pic below) and Adm goes on ?? but if its like my Ed80 I had to add a much longer dovetail to balance the scope cameras etc and the Esprit 100 is heavier again.

I found this but not sure how if it will balance it all securely... 

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/adm-v-series-vixen-to-d-series-losmandy-saddle-adaptor.html

IMG_20200731_124405.jpg

I looked into buying that ADM adapter very recently but nobody had one in stock and they were on a long lead time. I bought one of these instead 

https://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/primaluce-lab-plus-premium-big-dovetail-clamps.html with the HEQ5 puck and it is fantastic.

Heartily recommended. To fit you undo the three grub screws and the old SW puck complete with top plate will come out. You may find that there is a bit of resistance because the grubscrews have put an indent into the soft aluminum.

The Primaluce dovetail with new HEQ5 puck goes into place, will easily hold your Losmondy and is sufficiently long. Takes about 2 minutes to remove and fit the new one.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

I looked into buying that ADM adapter very recently but nobody had one in stock and they were on a long lead time. I bought one of these instead 

https://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/primaluce-lab-plus-premium-big-dovetail-clamps.html with the HEQ5 puck and it is fantastic.

Heartily recommended. To fit you undo the three grub screws and the old SW puck complete with top plate will come out. You may find that there is a bit of resistance because the grubscrews have put an indent into the soft aluminum.

The Primaluce dovetail with new HEQ5 puck goes into place, will easily hold your Losmondy and is sufficiently long. Takes about 2 minutes to remove and fit the new one.

Thanks Terry.That has helped me greatly. I've just phoned and they're looking to see how long it will take to get one in. 

cheers 

Craig

• Like 1