Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C/2020 F3 Comet Neowise - Light Pollution can work for you.

Following on from my previous night, I was dubious as to whether I would be able to produce another lovely image as there were clouds due in which makes the light pollution worse.

Again this was taken just a mile or so from my home and it was evident when I arrived that the light pollution could work in my favour and when I saw the image on the view finder I was just stunned.

I have truly hardly touched the image, just tweaked the contrast and very slightly the saturation, the difference was hardly noticeable.

The blue tail is even discernable, I am truly gobsmacked, in over 40 years in photography, this ranks in my personal top five.

Sony A7RIII, ISO1600, F2 135mm Samyang 10sec exposure

More details: - https://www.astrobin.com/cuj5cf/

Neowise_16bit_reduced brightness of stars signed_1200.jpg

Edited by Jkulin
  • Like 16

11 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

A lovely image John. I think that the clouds add to rather than detracting from the image. They frame the comet beautifully, very well captured.

Thanks Geof, indeed I never expected it to come out like that, just lucky.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2020 at 22:20, Jkulin said:

Thanks Bob, you are usually the Mistro at Comets, have you managed to grab any of it?

Hi John, yes i have managed to imaged it a couple of times with two different rigs from my garden and obs in the last few days when it was clear, but it is in a poor part of the sky for me .Also seen it with the naked eye about eight days or so ago in the morning sky just coming light, and through my 16x50 bins it was a cracking sight. I have put a couple of posts of it on here in the wide field and comets section with the two rigs. 

Take care and stay safe

Bob.

• Like 1