Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Telescope shipping box

F15Rules

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

@merlin100, I think you must take pictures of empty boxes to follow the trend hereย ๐Ÿ˜‰

I always take photos of expensive item unboxing, just in case there's a problem or damage. ๐Ÿ˜‰

These are the original boxes for my NexStar 8SE, which I got in the fall of 2009. Two years later, I used these boxes when I made a big move from one side of Canada to the other, 4100 kilometres (2500 miles) as the crow flies. Four years after that, I used them again when I made a small move from our flat to our current house, 3.4 kilometres (2.1 miles).

Scope Boxes.jpg

• Like 3

On 21/07/2020 at 12:42, andrew s said:

Enough already, but where do you stand on the rigid foam v cardboard inserts v poly chips v bubble wrap great debate?

Does it split opinion like refractor v reflector?

Show us your stuffing.

Regards Andrewย 

tis a shame they don't do the nice wood inserts to hold everything tho like in the boxes of old, Tal and the older japanese scoped. The polystyrene while light and moulded to fit soon falls to bits with regular repacking and removal where the wood only needs the foam/felt renewed and it lasts a good many more years

• Like 4