SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greets from sunny (!) Peterborough

psjshep

Greetings...

new in from P'boro Lincs - sig says it all....

Been into Astronomy all my life, imaging since mid '90's (20th century, cheeky!) - started with home built CB245 camera (still working, might I add) but not quite as good as the SXV-H9C :lol:

anyhoo... 'lo all.

Welcome to the forum Phil. Looking forward to seeing your images. What are you replacing the megrez with?

ED80 + WO focuser (see forum posts)

Although the WO has been (still is if I don't sell it) a great scope, the new setup offers :-

V. slightly better colour correction ( the WO is over 3 yrs old now!) To replace with the WO Triplet, it would cost too much.

comparible focuser BUT with slow-mo & 360 deg. field rotator. This hobby is built on stepping stones. The ED80 needs a better focuser.... period.

Slightly longer FL - the images I now want are too small in the WO FOV - got *most* of what I want already, over the last 5 yrs or so.

Got teh kit now, btw.... just need to satisfy the major creditor! - wifey

Welcome to stargazers Phil.... Nice to have yet another man on board... :lol::)

Great place to be, although a little star starved... :)

Cheers,

just like my profession (Oracle DBA) it just seems to be starved of the fairer sex..... but at least THAT is not my fault :)

CB245 Cookbook Camera Mmmmmm i remember seeing one of these a while back, do you still tinker with it Phil?

Nothing left to tinker with - has a shutter installed (DACO) LDC mod & all...

Must give it a go some time (test pics was done end of last year to make sure all ok) - prob is, imaging time is a premium! need all the photons to go to the SXV!

(Love your artwork, btw... beautiful!)

SXV well thats some camera i have seen a demo of it WOW what a camera just awsome that Phil :lol:

James

ps:Thanks iam glad you like the pics :)

Having spent MANY a night taking Darks/Flats/Bias all I can say is this type of camera requires NONE of them! What you loose in colour sensitivity (I'm now into pretty piccy stuff - done that b/w zen thang) you gain on sheer exposure time - forget wasting 2/3 of time doing D/F/B ! Well worth the pricey price tag. (but cheaper that the US stuff, btw)

ta matey boy... just updated the DSO's so "Microslop Exploder" views it properly.... lemme know if I missed any - was a bit of a bodge-job :lol:

Now go to bed, you sad type person - waayy too late!

Hi Phil Roger here , welcome to the forum mate , shall look foward to your images , , take a view around and visit the new Blog section , this has just been started , fo all new ppl coming on , and also for us long time oldies heheheh , look foward to any images you have ,

Rog

AKA CELESCOPE

Archived