Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC5070 Pelican Nabula

jiberjaber

Right - I think I am done, Version 6. The main difference here is I created a very hard stretched inverted mask of each channel before combination and applied 32 iterations of a multiscalelinear transform which did a fair lot of smoothing on the unmasked dark cloud sections after that I combined and used a unlinked ScreenTransferFunction based Histogram stretch, SCNR for the green cast, corrected the  magenta stars and rotated 90 degrees. I did to changes in the Curves Transformation, an small S curve in the Luminance and a medium bow to the top right in Saturation - less faffing than before but got to a place I think I am happy quicker!

No sharpening or any other fun and games with luminance masks that occured in V5 - this version has that look of a blue water pool you could dive in to and the reddish brown in the bottom left clouds which give them some body which was a look in @carastro version I liked so much! 👍

I might have to revisit my Veil Nebula now with a similar approach :)

SHO_V6.thumb.jpg.5387f2fc85c42ba4a2c9fd44909f34e0.jpg

• Like 1