Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Raspberry Pi 8gb!

fireshipjohn

1 hour ago, fireshipjohn said:

Just received a flyer for the new Raspberry Pi4 with 8Gb of memory, should be good for Astroberry!

Ordered :)

Raspbian is still only 32bit, you can't run a single process that uses more than 4GB

• Like 1

I've been holding off buying a Raspberry 4, now I think it might be worth it. Everywhere is sold out so I'm glad I'm not in a rush. I hope the lead time is a bit better than the original Pi though, ordered that on 29th Feb and didn't get mine till July 😀

The only problem with Pi4 is needing new power supply and HDMI cable which adds to the cost.

Just now, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Typical just bought a 4Gb recently.

I am pretty new to using the pi would this have a significant difference in speed or performance over the 4Gb ?????

Steve

No, don’t worry about it, the 4gb is perfect, I use RPI4 for all my imaging, and no need for the 8gb version, you would not notice any difference as all the software is 32bit, and so can’t really use anymore than. 4gb....I’m not upgrading... 👍

• Thanks 1