SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Please tell me it isn't just me with cloud

MartinB

It was clear here in East Sussex till at least midnight - Mr Moon was very much in evidence though.

Tonights clouded out, but tomorrow looks like its gonna be cracking! Added to which, my filter wheel came back today - I can shoot colour again - yippee!

moz-screenshot.jpgCheers,

Richie

post-14845-133877352731_thumb.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think you've got it bad Martin, I managed to slice the top of my right hand middle finger digging the foundations for my obsy just after christmas, all repairing nicely until the whole lot busts again friday night while moving things to get to the dob for a bit of observing session - the first clear night in at least a month and I spend it in A&E and then all saturday with the plastic surgeons, ever think t's just not meant to be.

Steve..

You think you've got it bad Martin, I managed to slice the top of my right hand middle finger digging the foundations for my obsy just after christmas, all repairing nicely until the whole lot busts again friday night while moving things to get to the dob for a bit of observing session - the first clear night in at least a month and I spend it in A&E and then all saturday with the plastic surgeons, ever think t's just not meant to be.

Steve..

Sorry to hear about that Steve lets hope it heals quickly :hello2:

Regards

Kevin

It just shows how wrong it is to think this activity we engage in is benign. It can be as lethal as any other. Lets hope you recover quickly Steve. You never know until something like this happens, just how useful every part of our anatomy is.

For myself, I almost sliced my left arm off with an Angle Grinder whilst dismantling my old Dome superstructure. It had been welded together, so had to be cut. Too tough for a Hacksaw. Luckily, the grinder was slowing down having been switched off, so hitting my arm stopped it altogether. Ouch. :crybaby:

Ron.

ouch ouch ouch ouch...

And there was me thinking astronomy was a 'safe' hobby... Think I may swap my interests to stamp collecting... (knowing my luck, I'd probably get knocked down by a postal van!!)

I'm in the north west (between Manchester and Liverpool), we've had some pretty clear skies over here... well, during the day and very early evening, so I get naked eye views of Venus and the Moon as I'm usually in work at that time...

Don't even get me started on the fog/mist of last week!!!!!

:hello2::D:)

Bri

Archived