NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ha/Oiii North America Nebula from this week (NGC7000)

tooth_dr

This was taken on the 5th, 11th and 14th May 2020.  It is comprised of 10 hours Ha and 5 hours Oiii, some Ha taken during bright moon.

Equipment: SW 250PX/QHY9 and SW ED80/ATIK383L+, on Mesu e200

Software: APP and PS.

NGC7000-jpeg.thumb.jpg.a5298612411f22d912a1f6e30eb06b4e.jpg

NGC7000-contrast-jpeg.thumb.jpg.d5ae2a93ac0eb775f0281597ceedf6ab.jpg

NGC7000-crop-jpeg.jpg.8902fec71acfae10caa0c0705fda4851.jpg

NGC7000-Ha.thumb.gif.bd39b75dce4565d1163a12c20f2ed6bd.gif

NGC7000-Ha-Starless.thumb.jpg.ab61accc482831ee4fcabc51e4df7958.jpg

NGC7000-Ha-Stars.thumb.jpg.0edbc79c10578243990452b46d46fa5b.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
Added another image version - increased contrast and deep space NR (#2), and Ha data - stars and starless (#4,5,6)
  • Like 10

Thank you @MarkAR 

I found my previous NGC7000 attempt, and out of curiosity made a comparison to it and this one.  At least this is proof that my investment has been worthwhile.

712094665_Comparisonresolution.thumb.jpg.c13c70fe9c105ba9afc659f95eda8ebc.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 1

Just now, Rodd said:

Very nice Doc.

Cheers Rodd, bit early for it, but it was clear and the moon was out, and this was about as far away as I could get.  Then I ended up spending another two nights on it.  I have a lack of imagination I think.

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Cheers Rodd, bit early for it,

It soon wont be though.  I started a Cygnus image when the Moon came out at 2:30 am--it was just clearing the trees.  And around and around we go.  Sometimes I find myself getting dizzy from how fast the stars whip past!

• Like 1

Looking good Adam! 👍 Nice to see the resolution of the big scope on the wall. That Mesu was definitely a good investment! 

What method did you use to combine the Ha and Oiii? I've found that sometimes Annie's 'Hubble Palette Creation' Action in PS can create a nice approximation of an SHO image if you first create a synthesized Sii by using a certain % of the Ha and Oiii (using Image->Adjustments->Channel Mixer). But a traditional Bi-Colour version usually looks good too, and more natural, such as what you have done here. 👏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Looking good Adam! 👍 Nice to see the resolution of the big scope on the wall. That Mesu was definitely a good investment! 

What method did you use to combine the Ha and Oiii? I've found that sometimes Annie's 'Hubble Palette Creation' Action in PS can create a nice approximation of an SHO image if you first create a synthesized Sii by using a certain % of the Ha and Oiii (using Image->Adjustments->Channel Mixer). But a traditional Bi-Colour version usually looks good too, and more natural, such as what you have done here. 👏

It was hastily put togther, purely HOO RED BLUE GREEN.  I will try what you have suggested.  I did remove the stars from the two images prior to processing.  

Just now, tooth_dr said:

It was hastily put togther, purely HOO RED BLUE GREEN.  I will try what you have suggested.  I did remove the stars from the two images prior to processing.  

Annie has another great action, 'Ha-Oiii BiColor Process'. It creates a very nice natural colour scheme. I would usually run both and then process both versions to completion, just to see which i prefer. 

• Like 1