Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" IDAS D2 FILTER ON CANON LENS

Hi,

I have a 2" IDAS D2 light pollution filter that I would like to use with my astro modified Canon 600 camera and my L series 200mm lens which has a 72mm filter thread on the front.

Is there an easy way to connect them all together?

Thanks,

Even then the lens would have to be an EF Mount lens (which your camera will take BTW) rather than EFS lens mount. The EFS protrudes too far into the camera body to permit a clip in filter in there too.

A while ago on my 550d I used a 1.25" Ha filter inside a T adaptor by utilising a sawn-off T2 nosepiece which was fully threaded for filters! It showed vignetting as you would expect but a good proportion of the image was OK.

• Like 1

That is a very nice lens. I wouldn’t personally try to fudge making a 48mm filter fit a 78mm front element. Just get the IDAS D2 clip in. Problem solved. Keep the 48mm one for the WO scope or other 2 you have.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 21:17, TerryMcK said:

That is a very nice lens. I wouldn’t personally try to fudge making a 48mm filter fit a 78mm front element. Just get the IDAS D2 clip in. Problem solved. Keep the 48mm one for the WO scope or other 2 you have.

I agree with your suggestion, I was trying to find a way of utilising it differently without ending up with any major compromises but I don't think that's possible.