Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

Karen Bexley

Belated welcome from SW Scotland. I used to work and live briefly in New Milton 30 years ago.  The New Forest was/is beautiful.

Just now, merlin100 said:

Belated welcome from SW Scotland. I used to work and live briefly in New Milton 30 years ago.  The New Forest was/is beautiful.

Thank you Merlin.

I feel very lucky to be able to live in the New Forest.  I can fulfil my passion for walking, photography, communing with the ponies (and, of course, astronomy) 😃

9 minutes ago, Karen Bexley said:

Thank you Merlin.

I feel very lucky to be able to live in the New Forest.  I can fulfil my passion for walking, photography, communing with the ponies (and, of course, astronomy) 😃

I've seen the New Forest ponies, in the wild, as it were.  I commune with my own 2 ponies, a Gypsy Cob mare and a miniature Shetland mare.

download.jpg

They're adorable Merlin 😍

I don't own any ponies, although I would love to one day, so I get my pleasure from photographing them as much as I can, and going to my local stables for hacks into the Forest (at least I did until the lockdown came into effect).

It's a much cheaper way of doing it, and I can still fulfil my passion for riding.

Edited by Karen Bexley

Hi Karen,

I am new here as well, You are lucky to live in the New Forest, it is a lovely place to live.  You never know it might inspire you to write fiction!

I have included a link for all about the ponies:-

https://www.newforestliving.co.uk/guides/new-forest-ponies

I live in Mill Hill,  thought of as central London, however some parts make you feel you are in the country, which is amazing, i love rural environments:-

Welcome to the Forum Archaeoastronomer.

I have found the members to be very helpful and friendly, and I'm sure you'll find that also.

I like that link about the New Forest Ponies.  I just wish that visitors coming here would read something like that.  A lot of them think it is a petting zoo and will stop to give them food and pet them.  Although owned by Commoners, they are still wild ponies and can be unpredictable.  Plus, overfeeding, especially the wrong kinds of food, can give them serious health issues.  It gets me so mad when I see this 😠

As for writing fiction...🤔  The Forest inspires many things in me, but I don't think a best-seller is one of them 🤭

Mill Hill looks like an idyllic setting.

Enjoy the forum.

Edited by Karen Bexley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Karen Bexley said:

Welcome to the Forum Archaeoastronomer.

I have found the members to be very helpful and friendly, and I'm sure you'll find that also.

I like that link about the New Forest Ponies.  I just wish that visitors coming here would read something like that.  A lot of them think it is a petting zoo and will stop to give them food and pet them.  Although owned by Commoners, they are still wild ponies and can be unpredictable.  Plus, overfeeding, especially the wrong kinds of food, can give them serious health issues.  It gets me so mad when I see this 😠

As for writing fiction...🤔  The Forest inspires many things in me, but I don't think a best-seller is one of them 🤭

Mill Hill looks like an idyllic setting.

Enjoy the forum.

What gets to me is the amount of equine loss of life in the New Forest and other places, due to people driving too fast and recklessly!😠

29 minutes ago, Archaeoastronomer said:

You never know Karen, you might include the stars with writing fiction,  it has happened, LOL

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Sirius_Black

Quite a few of the Black family are named for stars or constellations as far as I recall.  As well as Sirius, Bellatrix, Regulus and Orion spring to mind immediately, but there are definitely more.

James

1 minute ago, Archaeoastronomer said:

I always thought that a true hidden story was underneath the fiction.

Certainly some of it ties into JK Rowling's own life.  I was at school with the person for whom one of the "magical" families is named for instance and I suspect one of the incidental characters is named after her.

James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, merlin100 said:

What gets to me is the amount of equine loss of life in the New Forest and other places, due to people driving too fast and recklessly!😠

Very sad indeed 😢

7 hours ago, Karen Bexley said:

They're adorable Merlin 😍

I don't own any ponies, although I would love to one day, so I get my pleasure from photographing them as much as I can, and going to my local stables for hacks into the Forest (at least I did until the lockdown came into effect).

It's a much cheaper way of doing it, and I can still fulfil my passion for riding.

My two girls have their own Facebook page. 😉

https://www.facebook.com/TillyMistyPage/

7 minutes ago, merlin100 said:

My two girls have their own Facebook page. 😉

https://www.facebook.com/TillyMistyPage/

A lovely page your two girls have there Merlin 🥰

There are quite a few Shetland ponies allowed to roam freely around the Forest, they are so adorable.

Edited by Karen Bexley