Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

INDI 1.8.5 update possibly not recommended

JamesF

I decided I'd upgrade last night as there's a new release out on launchpad.  Not a great move, as it turns out.  INDI/Ekos crashes on my 64-bit Mint 19 system as soon as I attempt to start indiserver, and it looks as though I'm not alone -- I've seen a report that it does the same on Ubuntu.

There is a workaround, which is to move the .indi directory to a different name, but that does mean you lose all of INDI's configuration such as filter wheel and OTA settings and have to re-enter them all :(

James

3 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I decided I'd upgrade last night as there's a new release out on launchpad.  Not a great move, as it turns out.  INDI/Ekos crashes on my 64-bit Mint 19 system as soon as I attempt to start indiserver, and it looks as though I'm not alone -- I've seen a report that it does the same on Ubuntu.

There is a workaround, which is to move the .indi directory to a different name, but that does mean you lose all of INDI's configuration such as filter wheel and OTA settings and have to re-enter them all :(

James

Yes I had same issue, but Jasem sorted mine....it was down to a driver with one incorrect symbol in the code and so it won’t load any of the INdI drivers....and only the third party ones...

But I would have assumed he had updated the source....

Not if you have an ASI filter wheel, it seems :(

2020-04-25T21:44:51: [ERROR] Connect(): EFWGetPosition() = 6
2020-04-25T21:44:51: [INFO] Detected 5-position filter wheel.

I'm sure I've heard about this problem before, but I can't recall what the fix is, assuming there is one.

James

I found my Ekos/Kstars to crash after a recent update. Fortunately I worked out through a process of elimination it was the Lakeside focuser config.xml file that had become corrupt. I restored a backup of the file and all is well again.

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Like 1