Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Siril, How to get colour image?

Hi All, I've just had my first go at using Siril to process images I got of M51 a few weeks ago, I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmXWWnXwxlQ

My image has come out in greyscale, how do you get a colour image from Siril? My images were taken in raw format from Canon 2000d, converted to fits in Siril then stacked (with flats and bias).

There is a few ways to use siril the easiest way is to use scripts, so lets assume you dither like me so all you need is light frames ,Bias frames and flat frames ,create a folder and name it for your target ie M13 ,now open folder and create three folders name them Biases ,Flats and Lights , now put relevant files into these folders ,> open siril and change the working directory (bottom right) to the folder containing M13 now go to scripts choose  DSLR processing No Dark ,thats it ,off it goes ,you just choose the script for your files so if lights darks biases flats used choose  DSLR processing though remember to create a folder Darks , or you can use sirilic no need to open siril tutorial here  http://download.startools.org/Siril with Sirilic.pdf  back to your no colour i assume you have debayer ticked/unticked 

11 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

There is a few ways to use siril the easiest way is to use scripts, so lets assume you dither like me so all you need is light frames ,Bias frames and flat frames ,create a folder and name it for your target ie M13 ,now open folder and create three folders name them Biases ,Flats and Lights , now put relevant files into these folders ,> open siril and change the working directory (bottom right) to the folder containing M13 now go to scripts choose  DSLR processing No Dark ,thats it ,off it goes ,you just choose the script for your files so if lights darks biases flats used choose  DSLR processing though remember to create a folder Darks , or you can use sirilic no need to open siril tutorial here  http://download.startools.org/Siril with Sirilic.pdf  back to your no colour i assume you have debayer ticked/unticked 

Thanks I'll try that, so should debayer be ticked or unticked?

alacant linked the video in my original post to me in a different post haha, but I don't think there was anything about dslrs and colours in there

13 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi. Check the debayer box, here:

ss9.thumb.jpg.109d1c8236f3933f1e6bbdeb4c8b04cf.jpg

Do I select that when I apply the bias to flat frames as well as applying the master calibration frames to the lights?

I also see a debayer option on the file conversion tab as well, do I have to click this one too?

image.png.53b6b7a5ee13b68eeec26b708858eae4.png

14 minutes ago, Adam1234 said:

Do I select that when I apply the bias to flat frames as well as applying the master calibration frames to the lights?

No. 

14 minutes ago, Adam1234 said:

I also see a debayer option on the file conversion tab as well, do I have to click this one too?

No.

Summary:

• Sequence bias: Stack the bias.
  • Sequence flat: Subtract the bias master from the flat sequence. Stack the now calibrated flats.
  • Sequence light: choose the master bias and the master flat along with your light frame sequence. NOW choose debayer.
  • Resultant sequence: register then stack.

HTH

**You have an old version of Siril. I'd recommend upgrading to the latest

Edited by alacant

7 minutes ago, alacant said:

No. 

No.

Summary:

• Sequence bias: Stack the bias.
  • Sequence flat: Subtract the bias master from the flat sequence. Stack the now calibrated flats.
  • Sequence light: choose the master bias and the master flat along with your light frame sequence. NOW choose debayer.
  • Resultant sequence: register then stack.

HTH

**You have an old version of Siril. I'd recommend upgrading to the latest

Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

I think I'm still getting something wrong - still coming out in greyscale. I made sure debayer was selected. 

Not sure where these 4 tabs are you mention. After I've registered I get 2 display windows pop up - one has red blue green and the other says RGB so I just kept the RGB one open and then under Windows Colour Image was ticked so I continued with stacking. 

I've been on the website but I'm pretty sure I've got the latest version for windows. 

image.png.f87e0b134f5abf042cb6934e68332ca5.png

11 minutes ago, Adam1234 said:

still getting something wrong

Hi

ss4.thumb.jpg.2850ddfeb40e5eec0d2b8ff756c980c8.jpg

Please work with the latest version of Siril. No installation necessary. The file you need is here. Then simply click siril.exe from the installation folder.

9 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Windows 0.9.12

Thanks. Yeah, that's an old version so the windows version is a few releases behind. Just trying to get on the same song sheet.

OK. So the latest windows version is here. Unzip and find siril.exe in the bin folder.

HTH