NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC3576

Brian28

As the weather  hasn’t been  good for the last few months and imaging sessions almost non existent , I’ve been reprocessing some old data , trying to get my head around  PixInsight , with some pleasing results .. However ...  I have been wanting to try some remote imaging ..  firstly to Obtain data from a target you just can’t image in my location in the Northern hemisphere and secondly to process some nice subs for a change 😉

This image was taken with a Planewave CDK24” telescope and FLI ProLine PL9000 CCD a Camera  with Astrodon filters on 3 nights this month down in Chile..  .  The camera , telescope and mount  alone cost £95,000  😂😂 , that’s without all the other ancillaries that we all know about .. 

So :- 

4 x 600 sec Ha 

3 x 600 sec OIII

4 x 600 sec SII 

all the Raw data was downloaded and processed firstly with PixInsight, which didn’t remove some calibration issues .. obviously I’m doing something wrong 🤔..  so I reprocessed the raw data in APP which spat out 3 nice stacked and calibrated subs ..  🤗

I then took them into PixInsight and then into PS ..  For post processing ..  

I have 2 versions ..   one processed as Ha , OIII , SII ...   and the other Hubble pallet.. SII , Ha ,OIII .. 

PS ...  as much as I liked the Remote experience ,the data And the resulting pics , it’s not the same as having your own equipment 👍

A8B96F29-7B71-4023-BB8A-8041F6134E4A.jpeg

1085D777-79B3-4801-B57E-E0F5187DBBFA.jpeg

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 9

Very nice Brian. I was wondering how you got such good data from so few subs...Now I know !

Yeah, I agree on remote imaging. I used a iTelescope setup that I priced up at around £50k. Way out of my price bracket lol. But fun to use :D

1 minute ago, Star101 said:

Very nice Brian. I was wondering how you got such good data from so few subs...Now I know !

Yeah, I agree on remote imaging. I used a iTelescope setup that I priced up at around £50k. Way out of my price bracket lol. But fun to use :D

Yes the equipment used is mind blowing .. the whole remote experience was quite good tbh .. though not cheap , but they had a special deal on a few weeks back where the credits were half price .. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brian28 said:

Yes the equipment used is mind blowing .. the whole remote experience was quite good tbh .. though not cheap , but they had a special deal on a few weeks back where the credits were half price .. 

I also agree on the - not the same - Having my own ror shed with scope, I found myself tinkering and imaging at home and not putting time away for remote imaging. So much so, I've accumulated quite a lot in imaging time credit. I have suspended my account for now. But hey, Astro Dark is becoming limited here...So...remote is still a, nice to have, option :

Forget Hubble, that first image is a killer. I think that is stunning.

37 minutes ago, Brian28 said:

telescope and mount  alone cost £95,000

I'll have a word with the Mrs see if its within budget. 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

It is indeed a stunning photo and I don't have an issue with what you have done at all, some do. Personally I prefer to be outside and with the action, or lack of it.

Alan

Hi Alan ... I couldn’t agree more.👍 there’s nothing like using your own equipment and the satisfaction that brings .. .. though as I said it’s a target not obtainable from my location and it was much cheaper than the air fair to Chile 😉

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian28 said:

Hi Alan ... I couldn’t agree more.👍 there’s nothing like using your own equipment and the satisfaction that brings .. .. though as I said it’s a target not obtainable from my location and it was much cheaper than the air fair to Chile 😉

Lovely target it is too Brian, I can get one or two more down here that are really beyond may in the Uk, but there are some in Scorpios that even I can't get as they only get about 6-7 degree high.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, that is well done! 

I'm so torn about this thing. I have my e-Eye setup, for which I did everything myself and I'm very proud of my images for that reason.

But on the other hand, there is a lot to be said for being able to shoot whenever you want from all over the globe. Telescope as a Service will become bigger.