Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2403 in Camelopardalis, ten hours

kirkster501

6 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Unusual target nicely done.

Indeed.  I believe I was looking at this as a potential target the other day, but decided instead on M101, which I see Steve has also done :)

James

• Like 1

Yay, it does have a Caldwell number - Caldwell 7.  I'm starting to look around for some more unusual objects to image.  I did 3c273 last night as well and a current trend I like to do is observe it with my 12" Dob at the same time I'm imaging it.  Next project is M87 - just M87 on its own.  I'd have bagged that last night fully too but meridien flip failed.....  So i just got L and R channels.

3 hours ago, Tom OD said:

Very nice shot. This is on my to do list with Olly, so it'll be in the TEC140 too.

The star spikes look pretty good too.

Tom.

The star spikes are artificial and added with Star Spikes Pro - a Photoshop plug-in.  I felt they framed the galaxy nicely and without the spikes the image lacked something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian28 said:

That’s a good  shot .. . Nice processing 👍

Can’t get it from my location .. my house is in the way at the moment 😉

Thanks.  Less is more when it comes to processing and the better the data you have the less you have to faff around with it.

Yes, it is way past the meridian now.  There's always next year mate.