Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GALAXY SEASON WELL UNDERWAY.

bob-c

Hi every one, starting at the end of Jan this year I turned my attention to doing the Galaxies, starting with M66 [along with a couple of comets] with my ODK 12" and my new Altair Astro  294C  OSC cam with a Baader Moon & Skyglow Neodymium-Filter. These 4 pics are the result up till now.

Thanks for looking,

Bob.

M66.JAN-FEB 2020.jpg

M51_WIRLPOOL_GALAXY-FEB 2020 copy.jpg

M81_BODES_GALAXY-MARCH 2020 copy.jpg

M64 BLACK_EYE MARCH 2020.jpg

• Like 18

A very nice collection of galaxies, very well processed. Especially considering the rubbish weather we've had this Winter / Spring.

*sigh*

My ODK12 is looking wistfully at these wondering when it will get First Light 😢

Edited by DaveS

4 hours ago, Whistlin Bob said:

A very nice set of images. I especially like the M81- seems to be very delicately processed- showing lots of detail and colour but not overcooked. So hard to get that balance.

Thank you Bpb, i think it was more by luck than anything with the processing.

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

A very nice collection of galaxies, very well processed. Especially considering the rubbish weather we've had this Winter / Spring.

*sigh*

My ODK12 is looking wistfully at these wondering when it will get First Light 😢

Thanks very much for your comment Dave, i have had some good weather this last month or so. I have been following your obs thread and looking forward to your first light with your ODK when things are right. It is a great scope and on your new mount will deliver the goods. I think you will be so pleased with it all once set up. Take your time with it all and stay safe, no rush now, light nights are coming.

Bob.