NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon book on special offer

JeremyS

Nice spot. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Just bought the kindle edition and am looking through it now. 🙂

Also picked up this book on offer as well. Normally £20.00. Not an observers reference but an interesting read.. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moon-Royal-Observatory-Greenwich/dp/0008282463/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=moon&qid=1585736531&s=books&sr=1-16

0C88B98F-E545-4689-80E2-EE2430DAA382.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

This is a really nice read, but it is not an observers guide to the Moon. Just a warning to anyone looking for that. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a general guide to Lunar folk lore and the history of lunar observing. At this price it’s an absolute steal.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 11:02, JeremyS said:

Heads up.

I see the excellent Moon book by BAA Lunar Section Director Bill Leatherbarrow is on special at Amazon. Only £6.68. Amazing value! RRP £25.

This is from the brilliant Kosmos series on solar system objects.

Thanks Jeremy. Mine arrived today :)

Looks a nice book, well worth £6.68 to keep me occupied for a little while 👍👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thanks Jeremy. Mine arrived today :)

Looks a nice book, well worth £6.68 to keep me occupied for a little while 👍👍

Good stuff, Stu. Mine should arrive Monday

• Like 1

Bill Leatherbarrow's book is well worth buying, but I'm fast running out of room for Mars books, so I hope its a good one. And I've got the three volumes of Luna Cognita arriving on or before the 9th, which is allegedly a terrific buy for a lunatic. Any more and im going to have to move house.

31 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Bill Leatherbarrow's book is well worth buying, but I'm fast running out of room for Mars books, so I hope its a good one. And I've got the three volumes of Luna Cognita arriving on or before the 9th, which is allegedly a terrific buy for a lunatic. Any more and im going to have to move house.

http://www.reaktionbooks.co.uk/display.asp?ISB=9781789142204

Im not too sure I fancy that one. I might let others buy it and see their reaction. Or may be I'll wait a while and pick it up cheap from the Book Depository.  I've even ordered a book by Neil English this week. I'm blaming that one on going a bit stir crazy due to the lockdown. "Sorry Neil"!