NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

130PDS Vs 150PDS on HEQ5 Pro

Hi,

As per the title which is best suited to that mount for imaging ? 

I'll be using a modded 600D but probably a cooled CMOS later. 

Already got a few refractors but need something with smaller field of view hence why I'm looking at the reflectors. 

I have a 130PDS/Canon 600D on my HEQ5 Pro. When I asked similar questions I was warned the 200 might be a bit of a sail in the wind and they were probably right. Even the 130 suffers with a bit of wind. I don't regret choosing the 130 over the 200 personally.

Hope that helps somewhat.

• Like 2

I use a 150pds with a Canon 600 or 650 on a belt modded HEQ5. The comacorr brings the focal length down to 690mm, and the mount does not have the least problem in guiding well below 1arcsec RMS, with basically no lost frames, at an imaging resolution of 1.28 arcsec/pixel. 

No issue at all with load (150pds + DSLR +60mm guide scope + ASI120) or balancing. 

I agree with the statement above that a 200mm newton would exceed the mount photo capabilities. 

Fabio 

• Like 1