Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rotating RAW files - tearing my hair out!

Hi,

Having run an imaging session last night which required a meridian flip  half way through I have some images which are 180 degrees rotated. Having searched on here and googled I have tried exiftool to try and rotate one of the two sets 180 degrees to match the other. Needless to say its not worked! I can rotate by 90 degrees either way without issue, but cannot persuade them to rotate 180 at all! Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Ed

The "rotate" field in the EXIF information is actually an orientation field, which is either landscape or portrait (battery up, battery down) so it can't do a full 180 degree rotation.

But as mentioned, it doesn't matter as DSS will take care of it for you automatically when registering the images.

interesting, I'm using DSS but when I tried it with two frames as an experiment having spotted the potential issue, it threw up an error saying only one of the two frames would be stacked?!?

4 minutes ago, edarter said:

interesting, I'm using DSS but when I tried it with two frames as an experiment having spotted the potential issue, it threw up an error saying only one of the two frames would be stacked?!?

that will most probably be because of the % to stack option. If that was set to 100% it would probably do it, default is 80%

Well thats really odd, I've just gone back in to DSS and tried again and its worked fine this time! Very happy about that, though thats a couple of hours I wasted thinking I had a problem that wasn't actually there.

Thanks for the heads up everyone! much appreciated,