Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky-Watcher Skyliner 200P EP's...

My hitlist  will include a 25mm Plossl, 9mm or 10mm Plossl, a decent 2x Barlow and lastly a 30'ish mm 2 inch EP for wider views. 

2 hours ago, merlin100 said:

My hitlist  will include a 25mm Plossl, 9mm or 10mm Plossl, a decent 2x Barlow and lastly a 30'ish mm 2 inch EP for wider views. 

The 25mm Revelation Plossl would be a good choice for not a lot of money.  FLO's Sky-Watcher SP Plossls may also be GSO made.  If so, they have a 10mm version.  However, you may find that you'd prefer using a 20mm or 25mm with a 2x Barlow instead due to the much better eye relief.  As far barlows go, since you're using a Dob, you can use a long barlow.  I've compared various vintage Japanese made Barlows: Tele Vue 2x, Meade 140, and Orion Deluxe, and the Orion is just slightly sharper than the rest, though it is the longest at about 6 inches, so not a big surprise.  I see it still in stock over in the UK.  Just confirm it's new old stock and marked Japan made.  It is actually a 2.1x Barlow like the Tele Vue.  The Meade is a 2.4x Barlow.

17 minutes ago, Louis D said:

The 25mm Revelation Plossl would be a good choice for not a lot of money.  FLO's Sky-Watcher SP Plossls may also be GSO made.  If so, they have a 10mm version.  However, you may find that you'd prefer using a 20mm or 25mm with a 2x Barlow instead due to the much better eye relief.  As far barlows go, since you're using a Dob, you can use a long barlow.  I've compared various vintage Japanese made Barlows: Tele Vue 2x, Meade 140, and Orion Deluxe, and the Orion is just slightly sharper than the rest, though it is the longest at about 6 inches, so not a big surprise.  I see it still in stock over in the UK.  Just confirm it's new old stock and marked Japan made.  It is actually a 2.1x Barlow like the Tele Vue.  The Meade is a 2.4x Barlow.

After spending nearly £300 on a new telescope, funds are rather limited.  That being said, it's a toss up between getting budget Plossls or spending more on better quality ones. I just hope the cheaper ones aren't a false economy!  The only other thought I have is whether to have ones with an undercut barrel or not, but that's a whole new debate!

Edited by Guest
typo

I'd save and get the BSTs myself.

It's taken me years to acquire my EPs.

Just don't start by replacing the focal lengths you already have.

If you can't wait, then the Vixen NPLs are supposed to have a good reputation and they're a tenner off through FLO atm.

But I wouldn't advise going lower than the 10mm, it'll be like looking through a straw (unless you like that kind of thing!).

Edited by bingevader

I'm going to slowly build up a nice BST StarGuider collection. I've already got the 8mm EP and will be ordering more shortly.

Edited by Guest

Last but not least, I'll get a half decent 2 inch 30mm EP from those previously suggested.

Edited by Guest