Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Our eyes and minds, different individuals?

maw lod qan

Sadly just today I was looking at images of Orions nebula on another of the threads. Advice was given on adjusting the image and I came to realize I just might not have the ability to see small variations in colors many of the superb images on here do.

As far as picking up on small changes in an image, a faint meteor or even a single flash from one heads on is very easy for my brain. Very small movements of an object in an image stand out for me.

But I'm beginning to wonder about colors.

This make sense to some of you more seasoned astronomers? Could I be on to something?

It's not that it will put me off what i attempt. It's just the realization, i might never do what others can do.

• Like 1

I think individuals do have different optical characteristics and that these do vary as we age.

Different strengths and weaknesses, sensitivities, etc, etc

I've noticed when I've done outreach sessions that young eyes are generally better than older ones at picking out star colours.

I can't see much in the way of cloud contrast variations on Venus but other observers clearly do see them. I believe that might be connected with UV sensitivity or something similar ?