Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Things don't always go to plan with DSO imaging and that's perfectly normal :D

Chris

On 27/02/2020 at 13:56, carastro said:

You must post this video up on here once you have done it.

I see people are also adding to the 2017 thread as well. 

Carole 

Shall do :) Just need to finish reviewing the Skyguider Pro and I think I'll do it after that. 

Good to see old threads get resurrected :) 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2020 at 11:11, carastro said:

Whoops, well it happens to us all.  Thanks for sharing.

1) Imaging with the Bahtinov mask on.

2) After spending ages (as a newbie) polar aligning the mount and 2 star aligning and finding the target, I trip over the mount cable and disconnect it and have to start all over again.

3) Trying to focus the guide camera and after several minutes of not being able to see anything, realise I still have the lens cap on.

4) Spent ages trying to polar align and wondering why I can't find a star realise I have forgotten to let down the counter weight shaft which was obscuring the view.

5. Did a whole evenings imaging only to realise I forgot to switch on the cooling. 

Learning to image is beset with evenings like this.

Carole 

oh i have done every one of them and more than once. i can see the funny side now but not so much at the time, and it dosnt end there i still do it and hows this one i did a whole session of rgb and forgot the give the files ther respective R-G-B NAMES  GRRRR that took some sorting out lol.

• Haha 1